Support for the Bereaved and their Families.
We are aware that bereavement is a very personal and family time and we are not here to impose on your privacy but there are times when help is needed – after a death, before or after the funeral, even months or years after a loved one has died.
- A listening service for those who feel the need to talk about their loved ones who have died, including loss by miscarriage and stillbirth.
- Visiting for those who need support and reassurance.
- Support/confidential talk at other times (by arrangement).
- Rosary with the family before the funeral (by arrangement).
- A Special Service of remembrance is celebrated for all parishioners who have died during the year, during the month of November in St Gregory's Church. Usually during Eastertide, a mass is Celebrated in Our Lady's Church. At both events Candles are lit in thanksgiving for the lives of the deceased as their names are read aloud.